Senior lecturer: Prof. E. Tsotsas
Please note that due to the pandemic circumstances we have decided to hold the course as a hybrid event.
Almost every material used in solid form (from foods to pharmaceuticals, from minerals to detergents, from polymers to paper, from raw materials and commodities to highly formulated specialties) is dried during production. Drying technology is, therefore, a continuously developing field with various challenges referring to process design, development, operation and automation, to equipment selection, development and use, as well as to the preservation or even creation of desired product properties. The purpose of the course is to provide the essentials of modern drying technology to the participants in a broad but compact way, at a high but understandable level close to practice.
- Fundamentals of drying technology
- Properties of wet air, capacity of convective dryers
- Moisture measurement
- Drying kinetics of single particles or droplets
- Major drying processes: Equipment, dryer design, scale up
- Special drying processes and their application
- Laboratory work (guided exercises and demonstrations)
- Tutorials (guided practical computation and simulation)
The course is designed for people from various backgrounds (engineers, chemists, food and pharmaceutical technologists) and with different levels of experience, who need to understand the fundamentals of modern drying technology and apply them to produce better solid / particulate products with more efficient drying processes. The course language is English.
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. E. Tsotsas, Otto von Guericke University Magdeburg
- Priv.-Doz. Dr.-Ing. habil. A. Kharaghani
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. S. Heinrich, Hamburg University of Technology
- Guest lecturers from industry
- Prof. Dr. -Ing. A. Bück, FAU Erlangen-Nürnberg
- Dr.-Ing. M. Jacob, Glatt Ingenieurtechnik, Weimar
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. M. Peglow, IPT-Pergande, Weißandt-Gölzau
- Dr. R. Wernecke, Dr. Wernecke Feuchtemesstechnik GmbH, Potsdam
- Dr. M. Jaskulski, University Lodz
with support of DECHEMA e.V.